2012 Yamaha Vstar 1300
The Perfect Star.
Not too big and not too small but with a personality all its own. That's the V Star 1300 with its belt drive, powerful 80-inch V-twin, steel fenders and flangeless fuel tank. Star quality from stem to stern and the looks to turn heads all in a package that is designed to navigate the urban maze in style.
• This midsize Star brings modern classic styling along for a lighter, sportier, hot-rod-inspired ride.
• 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-twin produces excellent power across the board along with a highly stimulating exhaust note.
• Modern-classic design, including a flangeless gas tank and two-into-one exhaust, gives the V Star 1300 that distinctive Star® look.
• Steel chassis gets 48 percent of the bike’s weight on the front tire, for quick, light handling and maneuverability.
• Authentic cruiser features such as belt drive and steel fenders open up the customization possibilities even further.
• Estimated 42 mpg* means over 200 miles of riding between fill-ups.
• The Star Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
• 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, single overhead cam 60-degree V-twin with dual counterbalancers offers plenty of smooth performance.
• Computer-controlled twin-barrel fuel injection provides optimal mixture whatever the temperature or altitude.
• Four valves per cylinder (36mm intake, 32mm exhaust) provide optimum combustion efficiency; roller rocker arms reduce friction for better performance and reduced wear.
• Ceramic composite cylinder sleeves contain 100mm forged pistons for excellent durability and longevity.
• 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing produce plenty of power across the board and a distinctive exhaust note.
• Forged connecting rods ride a single crankpin for true V-twin sound and power.
• Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission feeds power to an efficient, low-maintenance belt drive.
• Sly cooling system routes liquid through hidden hoses and internal engine passages for air-cooled looks and liquid-cooled performance. Oil filter is easy to get to but also tucked nearly out of sight for clean looks.
• Hydraulic cam chain tensioner reduces noise and maintenance.
• Steel cradle frame has four solid engine mounts—including one atop the front cylinder head—for maximum rigidity and excellent handling.
• Stylish, braced steel swingarm and rear wheel are controlled by a single linkage-mounted shock absorber, adjustable for spring preload.
• 41mm fork tubes with stainless covers look great and serve up a smooth, controlled ride.
• The shape of the seat has been designed with a “dish” shape for great comfort, and it allows riders to touch the ground easily.
• Flangeless fuel tank carries 4.9 gallons of fuel. Mounting the fuel pump in a separate, tucked-away sub-tank allows the thin tank design.
• Seven-spoke cast wheels and matching rear pulley mount fat, 16-inch tires for a cool period look albeit with big contact patches on the road.
• A pair of 298mm front brake discs provide excellent power and feel.
• Strong, light and low maintenance belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
• Star quality paint, chrome and detailing vie for attention wherever you look; fenders are steel not plastic.
• A 3D tank emblem design adorns the V Star 1300 and evokes a modern-classic look.
• The V Star 1300 gets lot of chrome with a chrome headlight housing and chrome belt guard. Plus, there’s a gloss black finish on the frame that adds a high-quality look.
• Retro-modern bar-mounted instrumentation contains analog speedometer along with LCD display; indicator lights for high beam, turn signal, low oil level, low fuel, coolant temperature, neutral—and engine diagnostic function.
• Rider floorboards for comfort and room; heel/toe shifter makes moving through the five-speed gearbox a snap.
• Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
• 02 sensor and catalyst reduce emissions.
- Type: 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 100.0 mm x 83.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Frame: Double Cradle
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; 4.3-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Tires / Front: 130/90-16M/C 67H
- Tires / Rear: 170/70B-16M/C 75H
- Wheels: 7-spoke aluminum
- Length: 98.0 in
- Width: 39.4 in
- Height: 45.1 in
- Seat Height: 27.2 in
- Wheelbase: 66.5 in
- Fuel Capacity: 4.9 gal
- Fuel Economy: 42 mpg
- Wet Weight: 668 lb
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
- 80 cu.in. (1304 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 100.0 mm x 83.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork; 5.3-in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 4.3-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 298 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 298 mm
- Front Tire
- 130/90-16M/C 67H
- Rear Tire
- 170/70B-16M/C 75H
- 66.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.9 gal.
- 42 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 668 lb.
- 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Standard: Analog
- Candy Red
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)